Our program philosophy views substance abuse as a primary disease. Various best and evidenced-based practices are used.
New Directions offers the following services, which are determined based off of completion of an assessment at our facility:
- Individual, Group, and Family Counseling
- Outpatient and Residential Programs
- Home-based Therapy/Recovery Support Services
- Recovery Housing
- Parent Education Program
- Recovery App and Coaching
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Management
- Urine Drug Screens
- Mental Health Assessment and Counseling
- Psychiatric Assessment and Medication Management
We offer the following Levels of Care treatment identified by American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria:
Non-Intensive Outpatient Program
Intensive Outpatient Program
Residential for Dual Diagnosis Conditions (Gender Specific)
**If your child is currently involved in treatment services, our Intake Coordinator can determine the next steps upon review of current treatment documents.**
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Reality Therapy
- Strengths-Based Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
Individual Treatment Programs strive to aid the adolescent, adults and families in understanding:
- The impact of substance use both on the client, their relationships, and values.
- The strategies that can enhance the client’s ability to master developmental tasks.
- The importance of education for young people in early recovery.
- The ability that a young person has in coping with social / emotional issues as sobriety is maintained.
Long-Term Goals for clients served by New Directions:
- Abstinence from mood altering substances.
- Academic completion and obtaining employment (high school graduation, vocational programs, college prep, or joining the workforce).
- Limited, if any, involvement with the legal system.
- Engagement in supportive family relationships and community involvement.